Though many guests have used our rental properties while traveling to Vancouver Island, we also cater to people who are:
• Coming to enjoy Vancouver Island on holidays or vacation
• Awaiting the completion of their home renovations or repairs
• In-between homes after selling their own and buying a new house
• Visiting friends or relatives and not wanting to burden them with house guests
• Planning on moving to the area and wanting to take their time looking at potential real-estate
• Displaced due to fire or flood and find themselves needing a furnished home during an insurance claim
• Seeking accommodations during a work placement, residency, co-op or short-term job
• Attending the local university or other educational institutions
• Requiring housing while seeking medical treatments or services in the City from more remote areas
• Seeking a house rental due to the size of your family and not fitting into a small conventional rental.
• Have a pet which you like to travel with some Lakeview Homes are pet friendly
Our Featured Properties
We have several properties to choose from. Click below to learn more.
Lakeview is a newly renovated 2 level waterfront home is fully furnished and has an exceptionally … Learn More about Lakeview
If you are moving here, Lakeview Homes would like to extend a warm and personal welcome to you and your family! Nanaimo is the Gateway to Vancouver Island and we are sure you will love your new home! Let Lakeview Homes provide you with a home-away-from-home while you are getting settled into the area, attending school, a residency, a new job or retiring here. We provide nothing like a conventional rental or hotel room. Our homes are perfect for those seeking to get a ‘jump-start’ on enjoying the west coast island lifestyle. If you are a local resident, this page has helpful information and connections to various reputable businesses.
Discover the beauty and wonder of Vancouver Island . . .
Arts & Culture
Festivals, events & points of interest
Surrounding Areas Witness the beauty
"We recently stayed at Garden Paradise for 1 week and were extremely pleased. There were 8 of us and we had lots of room there, enough space for everyone. The house was beautiful and very clean. Karin was extremely helpful with all the questions we had (and there were lots of questions), she was even kind enough to print off tickets for an excursion we booked and drop them off at the house for us. The pool table/ping pong table was a huge hit, providing hours of entertainment. I would highly recommend booking with Karin and Lakeview Vacation Homes if you are ever in Nanaimo...you will not find a better place to stay."
Annette O, August 4, 2017
"Our extended family of 16 stayed for a week and loved everything about our stay. Karin was very helpful and accommodating for our large group. There were 9 kids and plenty of space for everyone. We can't wait to visit again!"
Sheila R, August 3, 2017
"Great location, friendly hosts and a lovely house. The best accommodation we have stayed at in Nanaimo. Thanks - the Airhouse crew."
Rodney W, August 15, 2017
"We stayed at the Lakeview vacation property at the end of March 2017, it was a very nice property with a lovely view of the lake. We had four people and a small dog. It was easy to find, centrally located. There was a very nice little walking path behind the houses along the lake you can walk for a while that I and the dog loved to walk. Karen has kayaks available to use and my son loved them used them several times during our week long stay. It was a very nice property that we would rent again, especially since we could take our little dog with us."
Kim P, August 18, 2017
“I stayed in with Lakeview Homes while I was searching for a permanent place to live when I moved back to Nanaimo. Karin was always popping by with anything I needed for my studio apartment. Super friendly, affordable, and flexible hosts! Would highly recommend."